We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This Policy explains how we collect and use personal information.
- The information we collect
This Policy applies to information collected, through the ILAG website, by us, and to photographs taken at official ILAG events and digital recordings of ILAG's activity. Website users are required to register to use this site to access restricted information for our members. The data we collect from website users is to provide member services.
The personal data we collect from you, and not from third parties, includes:
- The personal information you provide when you register for the website, such as name, email address, job title, and the company you work for. We use this information to provide member services and ensure the relevance of content we publish.
- Your IP address, along with other items of information, which identifies each website visitor. This is automatically logged by our server and is recorded as part of our cyber security safeguards.
- Photographs and biographies from our members. We collect these to provide additional information to members. We also take photographs at official ILAG events.
- Your personal information (name and email address or phone number), and potentially your image, when you join an online meeting or call on Microsoft Teams. In the case of group meetings these may also be captured in a temporary recording used to accurately document the discussion in minutes.
- Your personal information (name and email address or phone number), and potentially your image, when you join an online member event on Microsoft Teams. These may also be captured in a temporary recording of the event, used to produce an edited recording for distribution to ILAG members, but we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that only the host(s) or panellist(s) are visible in any such edited recording.
- Your personal information (name, email address, company and position) when you register as a delegate for an online member event not held on Microsoft Teams. Your first (given) name, but not the rest of this information, may be captured in a recording of the event if you contribute a question.
- How we use your information:
Any personal information we collect is used in pursuit of our legitimate interests in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other applicable laws.
In addition, processing of the information we collect may be necessary for compliance with our legal and professional obligations to our members and to third parties.
The information you provide enables us to manage attendance at our events, provide technical updates and control access to restricted areas of the ILAG website.
We also analyse the information by company to ensure ILAG members make full use of our services.
Information about the delegates and speakers at our events is shared with venues for security purposes. We provide delegate information to speakers to ensure the relevance of presentations and to other ILAG members, through a restricted area on the ILAG website, to maximise networking opportunities.
Photographs and biographies collected from users (and photographs taken at official ILAG events) are used to provide information to members and, in some instances, on the non-member sections of the website on the current ILAG Board, past Chairmen, Practitioner of the Year, Main Member Contacts, event delegates and Group Chairs.
Photographs featuring some or all of these individuals (the current ILAG Board, past Chairmen, Practitioner of the Year, Main Member Contacts, event delegates and Group chairs) may also be used, without identifying names attached, in ILAG social media channels.
Video recordings captured during virtual meetings, and those captured during online member events on Microsoft Teams and used to produce finished recordings of the panellist(s) and host(s), are securely stored and deleted every six months.
To provide an efficient service, certain functions such as hosting, storage and disaster recovery are provided by third parties.
If you would like to see our Data Map or access the personal data we have about you, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Virus protection:
It is our policy to virus check documents and files before they are published on the ILAG website. However, we cannot guarantee that documents or files downloaded from the ILAG website will be free from viruses and we do not accept any responsibility for any damage or loss caused by any virus.
Accordingly, for your own protection, you must use virus-checking software when using the ILAG website. You must not post, or provide to us via the ILAG website, any document or file which you believe may contain a virus. You must virus check any document or file which you intend to post or provide to us.
Unfortunately, no data transmission can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. You remain responsible for the security of your device at all times.
- Our email communications:
When you register for our website, you can opt to have your personal information transferred automatically to MailChimp so that you can set your mailing preferences.
The transfer of information only takes place once we approve your website registration.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your device's hard drive.
- Access to personal information:
You can update your personal information by visiting the 'My Account' section of the ILAG website.
You can ask us to update or remove your personal information by contacting us: email@example.com.
You also have the right to access a copy of any personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can send us your comments or register a complaint by contacting us email@example.com.
- Links to other websites:
This Policy was last updated in February 2022.